PROPERTY CLEARANCE is a unique organisation providing services to family members who face the challenging task of preparing a property for sale or rental following the passing of a close relative or following the transition of a close relative to full-time care.
Our services portfolio is flexible and provides a menu of options that can be customised to suit your circumstances and priorities. We engage with you with compassion and respect for your families circumstances. We also offer the flexibility for you to have as much or as little involvement in the process as you choose. For example, some clients have given authority and asked us to handle everything including the appointment of a sales or rental agent for the property, others have taken a near day-to-day involvement as we complete activities for them.
The PROPERTY CLEARANCE services portfolio includes:
- Return of items of sentimental value to the family on your instructions or using our discretion;
- Identification of items of financial value and return of these to family members or managing the sale of these items with proceeds returned to the family ;
- Identification of items of charitable value and provision of these to relevant community groups for the benefit of those in need through the unique PROPERTY CLEARANCE program known as Pass it Forward;
- Responsible disposal of items that present a potential hazard such as medicines, chemicals and various hazardous materials;
- Recycling of all relevant items;
- Removal and responsible disposal of all other items to clear the property;
- Identification of items of value that the family may not be aware of and return of these to the family or disposal of these under their instruction (we have found jewellery of great value and items such as rifles of 1899/1900 vintage that family members did not know existed). We are not treasure hunters or opportunists, (in such circumstances we return these items or dispose of them for the financial benefit of the family);
- Clearance and/or tidy up of any relevant garden/outdoor area;
- Return of items such as Foxtel, Telsta modems, uncollected mail;
- Storage of items for short or medium term;
- Completion of any renovation or deferred maintenance tasks on the subject property to prepare it for sale or rental;
- Style the property for the sales process which may include temporary furnishings or small touches such as flowers in the entry and ongoing cleaning of the property throughout the marketing process;
- Appointment of the Sales Agent;
- Maintenance at the property through the sale process such as lawns, landscaping, water blasting pavers, roof/gutter clearance;
- Liaison with the sales agent on the clients behalf through to sale;
- Liaison with relevant parties on your behalf such as appointed legal representatives through the completion of the sale/settlement process.
Not all services are required for each engagement. We invite you to contact us and arrange an obligation free discussion which will allow us to gain an understanding of your circumstances and priorities to construct an engagement that is unique and specific to your families needs.